Rabbit & Cavy Show
Rabbit & Cavy Show General Info
ARBA Sanctioned Open Show
Sponsored By The Essex County Rabbit & Cavy Breeders Association
Fall Show held in conjunction with Topsfield Fair. This is a Carrying Case Show.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Show Superintendent: Jeff Schiller
Paul Jurgelonis (Rabbit & Cavy)
Vincent Consiglio (Rabbit)
Donna Grimm (Rabbit)
(The ECR & CBA reserves the right to add or change judges)
Official ARBA Sanctioned Show
This an an Official American Rabbit Breeders Association sanctioned show, and the latest rules of this organization will govern this show.
Eric Stewart, Executive Director, www.arba.net
PO Box 5667, Bloomington, Illinois 61702
Dues: Single -$20/1 year
Husband & Wife Combo - $30/year
Sanction Fee: $25.00 open, $20.00 youth
This is an official New England Show Circuit sanctioned show and points will count towards the Sweepstakes prizes. Sweepstakes awards will be made annually on each breed of rabbit and cavy recognized by the ARBA.
For information on the New England Show Circuit contact the secretary: Nancy Platt, 299 East Main St., Norton, MA
To be eligible for sweepstakes awards, the exhibitor must be a member in good standing of a New England organization and of the ARBA at the time of the awards.
THIS IS A CARRYING CASE SHOW
Essex County Rabbit and Cavy Breeders Association Officials:
|Vice President||Melissa Andruskiewicz|
|Directors||Paula Andruskiewicz, Stefani Andruskiewicz, Sally Hamel, Mary Merriam, Michele Millard|
|Barn Superintendent||Fred Gardner|
|Judges:||Paul Jurgelonis, Vincent Consiglio, Donna Grimm|
|Show Secretary:||Katelynn Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Rules & Regulations
- You do not have to be a member of ARBA or ECRCBA in order to enter the Topsfield Fair Rabbit & Cavy Show.
- The show will be governed by the show rules and standard of perfection of the ARBA. Entry indicates acceptance of same. If you are unsure if your rabbit or cavy meets ARBA standards, please contact the show secretary.
- JUDGING WILL START AT 10 AM.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE ENTRIES. Entries with full payment must be postmarked by the closing date to be accepted, per ARBA show rule section 19. Entries not meeting this requirement will be returned. Be sure to include your telephone number with your entry.
- Make checks payable to the Topsfield Fair and mail with entry to the show secretary.
- The ECRCBA will not assume responsibility for loss of or injury to exhibitors' animals. All reasonable care will be used by the association in handling animals.
- Judging will be done in cages made for this purpose.
- Sick animals will be removed from the showroom immediately.
- Do not ask for specific judges.
- 10. The judge's decisions will be final except in cases of absolute fraud. Protests must be filed with the show superintendent within 2 hours after judging and must be accompanied be a fee of $25.00 which will be refunded if protest is sustained.
- This association reserves the right to appoint another judge or other judges in place of or in addition to those listed.
- All rabbits are to be tattooed in the left ear with legible and permanent identification. All cavies must be tagged to be shown.
- Ear# changes will be free for the first two changes. Each change thereafter will be $1.00. Must be same sex and variety. Scratches are non-refundable.
- There will be no registrar available. There is no tattooing on the fairgrounds during the fair.
- This is a CARRYING CASE SHOW. Carrying cages must have solid, leak-proof bottoms.
- All entries must be paid to the secretary before judging starts. All unshown entries will be billed by The Topsfield Fair and future entries will not be accepted until past due accounts are paid. Checks that are returned will be subject to any fees that the bank assesses, handling charges and postage. After being notified by registered mail, the checks will be turned over to local police departments and the exhibitor will not be allowed to exhibit at future shows until account is paid. NO PAYBACKS, LEGS OR POINTS will be awarded until checks have cleared the bank.
- There will be no grooming tables set up in the barn due to lack of available space. A grooming area will be available for anyone wishing to groom their animals.
- ARBA no longer requires comment cards to be filled out by the host club. Exhibitors will be expected to fill out their own comment cards. We will have a supply of comment cards available at the secretary's booth for exhibitors.
NOTE: When filling out the entry from, be sure to include the breed, variety, age, sex, and ear number of each animal.
Entries and Awards
Single Rabbit $3.00
Single Cavy $3.00
Fur $2.00 extra
Meat Pen $2.00 extra
No separate youth entries (youth enter in open)
Send entries to:
Topsfield Fair, P.O. Box 134, Topsfield MA 01983
NO PHONE ENTRIES
Entries can also be submitted at
Website Address: https://ecrcba.org
With Payment via Paypal (Paypal account or credit card)
Sanctioned Breeds (subject to change)
- Argente Brun
- Belgian Hare
- Crème D’Argent
- Dwarf Hotot
- English/French Lop
- English Spot
- Flemish Giant
- Florida White
- Holland Lop
- Jersey Wooly
- Mini Lop
- Mini Rex
- Netherland Dwarf
- New Zealand
- Satin/Mini Satin
* This is an all-breed show. All ARBA recognized breeds and breeds with working standards will be judged. Sanctions are for national club sweepstakes points. If you'd like to sponsor a breed sanction, email: email@example.com.
FIRST $4.00 SECOND $3.00 THIRD $2.00
The ECR & CBA offers awards to all breeds with 10 or more animals shown.
ROSETTES will be available for all BOB and BOS placements.
RIBBONS will be furnished through 5th place in all classes UPON THE REQUEST OF THE EXHIBITOR ONLY.
Rabbit and Cavy Organizations
Current National Specialty Club information can be found here: www.arba.net/natl_specialty.htm